How can things bounce back to normal after the person you've loved for all of these years goes out and cheats on you? Not only do they cheat on you but they lie about for months until their back is up against the wall. Then they feel the need to come clean after all of this time of making you feel and look crazy!! How do you forgive them? How can you look at them the same? Kiss them? Laugh with them? Romance with them? How can prayer change things?
2 Loved
and  loves this.
I can't stand no cheating man that wants to lie to your face and act like everything is okay. If you cheat just be a man and say you did it.
You have to go with your gut girl. If you know they cheated or you believe they cheated then you have to start making changes. Treat him like a child. How else would a child know not to do something unless they are punished? If not then he will walk all over you and think that you will just forgive and forget. Forgiveness takes time and that time should be apart.
It's never easy being in a situation like this. Here are a few things I thought about before making my decision:
1. Do I love this person?
2. Do I want to be in a relationship with this person?
3. Have I ever hurt this person?
4. Have I ever done the same thing to this person?
If you can say yes to anyone of those questions then you will be able to forgive and move forward with your life and relationship. You must forgive in order for you to be forgiven. What that person did to you was wrong, and they have to live with that.
Like @frosty said, you have to make sure they know that there will be consequences for their actions. No intimacy and if you can stay with a friend or if they can move to another apartment or house for a few weeks then that is even better. You need space and time to decide what your next move will be.
I don't know what it is but its a lot easier to take a guy cheating than a woman. I mean if my chick cheated on my then we are over. If I cheat then I expect her to forgive me and then we move on. I don't know why that is but I feel that we were built to be with other women. Now when you get married that's a different cup of koolaid.
Thank you everyone for your opinions! @Edward O, why is it that men can cheat and sleep around but women can't? Why is it that they can take their relationship for granted and still have a home to come home to once they mess up but if we indulge with someone else, then our butt is grass?
It's never easy being in a situation like this. Here are a few things I thought about before making my decision:
1. Do I love this person?
2. Do I want to be in a relationship with this person?
3. Have I ever hurt this person?
4. Have I ever done the same thing to this person?
If you can say yes to anyone of those questions then you will be able to forgive and move forward with your life and relationship. You must forgive in order for you to be forgiven. What that person did to you was wrong, and they have to live with that.
Good points bro. The only bad point and major problem with forgiveness is that I start remembering all of the negative s**t when I listen to music or watch movies.
Thank you everyone for your opinions! @Edward O, why is it that men can cheat and sleep around but women can't? Why is it that they can take their relationship for granted and still have a home to come home to once they mess up but if we indulge with someone else, then our butt is grass?
Look at Nick Young and how he cheated on Iggy. Even Beyonce got a song talking her being cheated on. I feel that women shouldn't take it personally if they get cheated on. It's only physical and not emotional or anything that would last forever. Just needed to relieve some stress or something like that. You know? Thats just me. Just about all of the time when women cheat they are doing it because of emotion and that has a lasting effect. Its not that women can't cheat but women dont cheat because their man is sexually available. What man you know isnt sexually available for his women?
At the end of the day YOU have to do what's best for you and your family. We can give you our opinion all day but it ultimately comes down to what your heart says. Be strong!
One of the worst feelings in the world is not being able to trust your significant other. Not knowing if they are really at work or went somewhere else. Did they really have to work late or is that what they just told you?
Who wants to be looking at a clock and timing how long it took for you to get home?
Who wants to be wondering if this is truly your coworker or the next fling you are trying to start?
People want to be free to love without being heartbroken. Once you get your heart broken, how do you love again? You just have to choose love. Love overcomes...